Google AdWords PPC Review
Google AdWords is quickly becoming the dominant PPC channel for the internet. There are several reasons for this:
- Syndication - Google, AOL, Ask Jeeves, Netscape and others. Google Adwords has an impressive reach. Google does not syndicate ads to scumware providers.
- Syndication Options - Google offers you the option to exclude syndication of your ads to its syndication partners if you prefer to list your ads only on Google.
- Control - The AdWords system allows you a lot of flexibility in specifying what keywords and keyphrases you wish to bid on. You may add negative keywords to exclude terms as well. You have a lot of control to ensure that your ads are only displayed to highly targeted traffic.
- Reporting - Google offers excellent reporting capabilities to help track your PPC campaign(s).
- Fraud Filters - Google does a good job of preventing click fraud from draining your monthly advertising budget.
Getting started with AdWords is pretty straightforward, but there are some "rookie mistakes" that can cost you a lot of money. Most advertisers don't need to go after the #1 listing position for the most expensive keyphrase. This can be an expensive lesson to learn. AdWords is capable of driving a ton of traffic very quickly. If you are considering advertising with Google AdWords, Andrew Goodman's 21 Ways to Maximize ROI on Google AdWords offers excellent and recommended advice.
Measuring Up also offers a free AdWords Keyword Permutation Generator. It generates bounded keyword permutations for pasting into AdWords keyword lists.